Rail Bike was used all over the Irish Railway System from
the foundation of the Railway for the Railway Men to travel
to inspect that the running road was in order for Trains.
In the old days the men cycling these bikes would have
enough time to get the bike of the rails when they would
hear the Steam Train coming, not to-day because of the
speed the train is travelling at.
The Bike dates from 1847 and came from The Great Northern
Railway Company Of Ireland. It was donated and came from
Abbleix were it was stored. It was the last bike to travel
on the North Kerry Railway also the Burma Road Railway.